Planning to try some new recipes this year? Our friends at Booths supermarket are giving us plenty of inspiration. Wholesome and healthy recipe ideas include chicken tikka pie, frozen smoothie bowls and breakfast buckwheat stacks – topped with free-range eggs, Emmental cheese, and British ham.
They’re also sharing ideas for #veganuary. If you’ve signed up to live on a plant-based diet this January, try out this healthy chickpea pizza.
It’s delicious and really quick to make – just 8 minutes prepping and 35 minutes cooking (serves 4).
2x400g tins chickpeas,
100g plain flour,
1tsp baking powder,
1tbsp dried thyme,
For the Topping:
150g onion marmalade,
6 figs, sliced,
A handful of rocket leaves.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C (fan) / 200˚C / 400˚F / gas mark 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Drain the chickpeas reserving 4 tablespoons of liquid from the tins. Place into a food processor and add the remaining ingredients for the base. Blitz until smooth.
3. Tip the mix onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly to create a circle approximately 30 cm in diameter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
4. Once baked, spoon over the onion marmalade and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove and garnish with sliced figs, a scattering of chopped hazelnuts and rocket leaves. Slice and enjoy!
Post expires at 6:50pm on Monday January 7th, 2019