Keeping it toastie in autumn with Booths
It’s National Cheese Toast Day on the 15 September and Booths supermarket in Kendal are stepping up their toastie recipes. Simple and delicious – try this Lancashire cheese, chutney and seasonal red apple stacker for brunch or a light lunch.
Chefs top tip: try the remoulade as an autumnal side – it complements cheese boards, slow cooked casseroles and roast dinners.
For the toastie:
- 5g butter, softened
- 2 slices Lazonby sourdough
- 2 tbsp Tracklements apple and cider brandy chutney
- 60g (3 slices) Garstang White cheese
- 1/2 red apple, sliced
- A handful of rocket leaves
For the celeriac remoulade:
- 1/2 a celeriac, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- To make the toastie, lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread one tablespoon of chutney on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Layer the cheese, apple and rocket leaves between the slices of bread ensuring the buttered slices are on the outside.
- Pre-heat a griddle planover a high heat, griddle the toastie on each side for 1-2 minutes, then slice in half.
- The make the celeriac remoulade, place all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix well to combine and season to taste. Serve a dollop of remoulade alongside the warm toastie.